Friends of the Library
We need more Friends like you!
Quite simply, the Friends of the SSLDL is a group of community-minded volunteers who love the library! The Friends contribute over $15,000 annually in gifts to the Library to purchase the extras which help make our library special. Our Friends maintain the beautiful gardens, staff the Book Room, organize fundraisers and advocate for the Library in countless valuable ways. Click here for the history of the library gardens. Joining the Friends is both a wonderful and effective way to meet and work along side great individuals and support your Library!
Visit the Friends of the Salem-South Lyon District Library Website!
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook!
- Click here to print out a membership form application.
- Click here to print out a renewal form for an existing membership.
- Click here to pay for a membership online.
The Friends Board meets the second Thursday of every other month at 7 PM in Study Room 4 at the SSLDL. These months include:
Contact us at email@example.com
Board of Trustees
- Amber King, President (2018)
- Mary Podsiad, Vice President/Secretary (2018)
- Karen Weber, Treasurer (2019)
- Janet Kaiser, Trustee, Membership Chair (2018)
- Rachael Perry, Trustee (2018)
- OPEN, Trustee (2019)
- OPEN, Trustee (2019)
Friends Club for Kids!
Friends Club (for Kids!) Contact: Rachael Perry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for an application to join the Friends Club (for Kids!)
Visit our Little Free Library at McHattie Park!
- Click here to follow their progress on their Facebook page.
- Click here to follow their Instagram page.
To learn more about how the Friends Board operates, we invite you to view our most recent annual report and bylaws:
Upcoming Book Room Sale Dates
The Friends Book Room, located just inside the library entrance to the left, is a place where you can find terrific deals on all kinds of books, music, and movies—and each purchase you make goes toward supporting the library! Below is a list of special sales dates where you can be sure to pick up fantastic deals. We hope to see you there!
Click here to view our Donation Policy.
2018 Book Sale Schedule
- January 3-9 (Half-Off)
- February 6-13 (Half-Off)
- March 6-13 (Half-Off)
- April 17-24 (Half-Off)
- May 15-22 (Half-Off)
- June 12-19 (Half-Off)
- July 17-24 (Half-Off)
- August 20-24 (Gigantic Book Sale)
- No Sale in September
- October 9-16 (Half-Off)
- November 14th - December 23rd (Holiday Sale)
- December 26th - 30th (Half-Off)