Maintenance Technician Position
Pay Rate: Wages commensurate with experience. Wage range: 15.42 to 23.64 part-time with the possibility of full time.
Hours: 10-25 hours per week, flexible hours. Includes nights and weekends.
Reports to: Administrative personnel
General Summary: Under the supervision of the Library Director, ensures that the building and grounds of the Salem-South Lyon District Library consistently enhance the delivery of library services by providing a safe, clean, comfortable, visually appealing environment for customers and employees. Strives to increase the useful life of the building and equipment.
Must have a vast scope of building skills, such as carpentry, wood repair, and general remodeling; a variety of other specialized knowledge, including basic plumbing, appliance repair, and electrical maintenance. Able to tackle a wide variety of fix-it projects. Follows a developed schedule for preventative maintenance for all aspects of the building.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
- Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and two years related experience/training. Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as safety rules, library policies, and procedures, biohazard handling procedures, and the library’s emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of general mechanics, carpentry, electricity, and maintenance procedures as demonstrated through education and /or experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Library Director and coworkers.
- Excellent organizational skills that create the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Dependable and reliable work habits.
- Reliable transportation.
The job of a maintenance technician is very physical, and there are as many indoor tasks as there are outdoor. This job is performed during traditional hours as well as after-hours.
Work is performed in all areas of the library, both inside and outside. Requires use of a variety of tools, equipment, and material. Heavy lifting up to 80 pounds. Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Work includes exposure to cleaning chemicals and paint vapors, and such.THE SALEM-SOUTH LYON DISTRICT LIBRARY IS AN “AT WILL,” EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.